The mission of Health Professional Education is to improve health by maximizing the abilities of people and systems to provide outstanding care. Formed in 1996, Health Professional Education provides nationally accredited graduate medical education and continuing education.
Health Professional Education:
- Provides continuing education to more than 19,000 participants annually, including 150 continuing medical education programs.
- Trains over 470 residents and 2000 clinical students annually.
- Provides state-of-the-art simulation training using high-fidelity computerized mannequins for over 4,300 participants annually.
- Maintains on-site and on-line medical library resources for Regions Hospital and HealthPartners employees.
- Has pioneered the use of theater in health professional education.
- Emphasizes quality improvement and experiential learning to engage health professionals in system redesign.
The vision of Health Professional Education is to be an essential organizational partner in continually improving the health of our patients and community.
Learn more about Health Professional Education goals in our strategic plan.