We recognize each patient is different and we will tailor a plan to meet your specific needs. We also recognize the important role of the caregiver of someone with a dementing illness, and our staff will work closely with you to provide guidance and education, which may include a Memory and Wellness Consultation for those patients and families in the later stages of dementia.
During your first visit, we will gather information and decide on the tests needed to better understand your condition. The visit may include:
- A nursing assessment
- An extensive neurological history and exam
- A neuropsychological evaluation
At your next visit, we will discuss your test results, diagnosis and treatment options. The length of each appointment and the number of team members you will see will depend on your specific symptoms. We have several specialists dedicated to working with you and your family including a dementia trained nurse specialist, behavioral neurologists, a research nurse coordinator, a physicians assistant, a geriatric psychiatrist and neuropsychologists. You may see some or all of these specialists during your visits.
We know your time is important and will try to reduce the number of visits needed for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
Please bring to your appointment:
- Family member or close friend. Please bring a family member or close friend with you. We can provide you with the best care when we gather information from multiple sources.
- MRI or CT scans of the brain. If you have had a recent MRI or CT scan of the brain that was NOT done at Regions Hospital or a HealthPartners Clinic, please bring those images or written reports with you.
- Medical records. If you have seen other providers or specialists outside Regions Hospital or a HealthPartners Clinic for your memory condition, please fax these medical records to us before your appointments.
- Questions for the team. Please bring a list of questions you may have for us. This will help us make sure we address your concerns during your appointment.
- Insurance card, photo ID, and co-payment. Please bring your current insurance card and a photo ID. Co-payments are due at the time of your visit.
Thank you for choosing us to assist with your care. We look forward to partnering with you.