Look up health topics to make an informed decision.
Health Decision Tools
Make smart decisions regarding your health care and understand your options.
Ottawa Decision Guide
Use this tool to learn about your decision-making needs and to plan next steps.
Contact a Member Advocate
Speak with a trained member advocate for personal support.
Decision Support FAQ
Decision Support is a way to help you make decisions that are important to you. It is especially helpful for patients facing decisions about newly diagnosed conditions or chronic diseases.
Use these resources on your own or with our help, to make a confident choice you’ll feel good about.
Simple and easy to use.
Decision Support can be used for any health decision. Some examples include:
- Should I have surgery or physical therapy for knee pain?
- Do I continue working while I have chemotherapy?
- I need to do something about my low back pain – but what?
Video: How can Decision Support help me?
Here's how someone with low back pain might use Decision Support resources:
- Health Information Library. Search "low back pain" and click on the links that interest you most.
- Health Decision Tools. Click "Decision Points about treatments and other issues" for low back pain treatment options.
- Ottawa Decision Guide. Organize and compare the things that are important to you as you consider your options for low back pain.
- Contact a Nurse Navigator. For personalized support for low back pain, talk with a Nurse Navigator who’s specially trained to help with health care decisions.