HealthPartners again ranks as top private health plan in Minnesota and among top 25 nationally according to new NCQA rankings
MINNEAPOLIS – November 2, 2011 – HealthPartners is the top-ranked health plan in Minnesota for the seventh consecutive year and is the among the top 25 plans in the nation for the third consecutive year, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2011-12*.
The rankings are based on more than 50 measures of clinical performance and member satisfaction as well as NCQA accreditation. HealthPartners ranked 24th among the 390 plans ranked by NCQA and received a higher overall score than for 2010-11. HealthPartners received a 5 out of 5 score for prevention, 5 out of 5 for treatment and 4 out of 5 for customer satisfaction.
The HealthPartners Freedom® plan** offered by HealthPartners remained the top-ranked Medicare plan in Minnesota and is now ranked 11th nationally.
“We are really pleased to be ranked in the top 25 plans nationally,” said Mary Brainerd, HealthPartners president and CEO. “It is important that service and support for our members, quality of care, and preventative service stacks up among the best in the country. Our goal is to offer top quality and smart use of health care dollars for HealthPartners members; this ranking affirms our work.”
In the 2011-12 report, HealthPartners received the top score possible in the following areas:
- Ensuring adults have a BMI assessment
- The use of flu shots by members
- Ensuring that members have their blood pressure and LDL cholesterol under control
- Having members receive retinal eye exams
- The number of members who undergo glucose testing
- Ensuring that members receive a beta blocker after heart attack
- Controlling high blood pressure
- Having members screened for cholesterol management.
- Keeping the LDL cholesterol level of members less than 100mg
Behavioral Health Care
- Making sure that members who have depression stay on medication for at least three months.
- Making sure that members who have depression stay on medication for at least six months.
Other treatment measures
- Making sure members with rheumatoid arthritis receive proper drug therapy
- Making sure children with pharyngitis receive appropriate testing and care
For more information on the rankings, go to www.ncqa.org/rankings
* NCQA’s Private Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2011-12; 2010-11; U.S. News & World Report/NCQA America’s Best Health Insurance Plans 2009-10
** The HealthPartners Freedom plan is officially listed as Group Health, Inc. in the rankings. NCQA’s Medicare Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2011-12
Founded in 1957, the HealthPartners (www.healthpartners.com) family of health care companies serves more than 1.36 million medical and dental health plan members nationwide. It is the largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation providing care, coverage, research and education to improve the health of members, patients and the community. The HealthPartners family of health plans includes HealthPartners, Inc., Group Health Plan, Inc., HealthPartners Insurance Company, and HealthPartners Administrators, Inc.