HealthPartners announces winners of Innovation in Health Care awards
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. - Nov. 16, 2009 - Seven cutting-edge approaches, aimed at improving population health, patients experience, and controlling the total cost of health care, have received HealthPartners second annual Innovations in Health Care Award. The Innovation awards, presented at HealthPartners annual Partners in Excellence dinner, recognized eighteen groups overall, representing all levels of the health delivery system that made transformational changes.
The award winners and their innovations are:
- Allina Medical Clinic: Enhanced E-prescribing: Embedding Formulary and Dispensing Information in the Physicians Workflow
- Edina Family Physicians: A Collaborative Approach to Support Health Information Exchange
- Emergency Physicians Professional Association: Head CT in the Emergency Department: Improving Our Performance
- HealthEast Care System: HealthEast Care Navigation Strategy
- Park Nicollet Clinic: Acute Low Back Pain Protocol
- Regions Hospital: Time-Out Towel
- Stillwater Medical Group: Shared Informed Decision Making with Prostate Cancer and Breast Cancer Patients
Details of each award, and the other innovations submitted are available here.
Founded in 1957, the HealthPartners family of health care companies serves more than one million medical and dental health plan members nationwide. It is the largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, providing care, coverage, research and education to improve the health of members, patients and the community.