HealthPartners announces winners of Innovation in Health Care awards
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. - Nov. 30, 2010 — Four cutting-edge approaches aimed at improving health, patient experience and controlling the total cost of care have received HealthPartners third annual Innovations in Health Care Award.
The Innovation awards, presented at the HealthPartners annual Partners In Excellence dinner, recognized 18 groups overall, representing all levels of the health delivery system that made transformational changes. HealthPartners annually accepts award submissions from throughout the health care industry to encourage innovation and acknowledge that these types of breakthroughs can ultimately help all patients and providers.
The four Innovations in Health Care Award winners are:
Essentia Health St. Marys Duluth Clinic
- Reducing Door to Room Time in the St. Marys Medical Center Emergency Department
- The number of patients who received care increased as wait times were reduced.
Hennepin County Medical Center
- Primary care Access to Mental Health Services.
- Used a special grant to provide crucial evaluations and interim care for Positive Care Center patients with urgent mental health concerns.
Park Nicollet Health Services
- Physical Therapy Strengthening and Reconditioning Program for Cancer Survivors.
- Participating in regular physical activity after cancer diagnosis can improve functional status, symptom control, quality of life, and even survival. The new program offers the health benefits of an individual exercise program with the social benefits of a group setting.
Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Institute United Hospital
- Timely and Patient-Centered Discharges.
- The new discharge system engaged patients more, and patient satisfaction improved by 13 percent.
Also recognized for innovations:
- AALFA Family Clinic - Spot Audit Checks
- Allina Hospitals & Clinics - Improving the Transition of Care for the Heart Failure Patients
- Allina Hospitals & Clinics - Mind the Gap: Smoothing the Transition for Heart Failure Patients
- Childrens Hospitals and Clinics - Integrating Child Psychiatry into Primary Care
- Childrens Physician Network - Severe Allergy Action Plan
- Essentia Health - St. Marys Duluth Clinic Health System - Long Distance Maternal Bonding in the NICU
- Essentia Health - St. Marys Duluth Clinic Health System - Electronic Notification of Add On Lab Orders
- Fairview Health Services - Acute Low Back Pain Care Model Innovation
- Fairview Health Services & University of Minnesota Physicians - Congestive Heart Failure: Comprehensive Management Program
- HealthEast St. Johns Hospital - Tracking Results Pending at Discharge
- Lakeview Hospital Pharmacy - Communication about Medications Post Hospital Discharge/i>
- Multicare Associates - Touchdown for Diabetes
- New Richmond Clinic - Quantifying Quality Measures
- Northwest Family Physicians - Quality Improvement Bonus Program for All Staff
- Physicians Diagnostics & Rehabilitation - Reducing Surgical Incidence of Low Back Pain Using a Functional Treatment Model
- Park Nicollet Health Services - Improving Anticoagulation Care Management using a new Anticoagulation Care Model
- Stillwater Medical Group Hospital & Clinics partnership with CORE Respiratory Services - Athletes with Asthma Program
- TRIA Orthopaedic Center - Standardized Treatment Pathway for Carpal Tunnel & Monitoring of Outcomes Post Operatively
Full details on all the Innovation winners are available at healthpartners.com/quality.
Founded in 1957, the HealthPartners family of health care companies serves more than one million medical and dental health plan members nationwide. It is the largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, providing care, coverage, research and education to improve the health of members, patients and the community.