Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Freeze extra lime juice to use later.
- 2 pounds cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place fish in a baking dish.
- Mix lime juice, tomato, onion, cilantro, oil, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. Spoon on top of fillets.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep fish moist.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork (an internal temperature of 145°F).
- To make slaw, mix cabbage and onion. Stir together sour cream and salsa, and add to cabbage mixture.
- Divide cooked fish among tortillas. Add 1/4 cup of slaw to each. Fold over and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Food Hero, Oregon State University Extension Service.
Serving size: 1 taco
Amount per 1 taco
|Total Fat 2.5g|
|Saturated Fat 0g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 21g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.