Catfish fillets are coated in a spicy cornmeal rub and pan-fried until browned to perfection. Try substituting with cod or tilapia for delicious variety.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/8 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 4-ounce catfish fillets (sub cod or tilapia, if desired)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lemon or lime, quartered
- Make the spice rub by put the cornmeal, oregano, cayenne pepper, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper on a plate and combine well.
- Dredge both sides of the catfish in the spice mixture.
- Put a skillet on the stove over high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, add the oil. Add the fish and cook about 4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked throughout.
- Serve right away garnished with lemon or lime wedges.
Recipe and photo courtesy of What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl.
|Total Fat 6g|
|Saturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbs 8g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|Added Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin D 14mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.