These crunchy, easy-to-make homemade fish sticks will delight everyone in your family. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Depending on the size of your fish sticks, they may need less baking time.
- 2 pounds firm white fish (crappies or tilapia)
- 3 cups cornflakes, crushed and lightly seasoned with salt and any other seasonings you like
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Defrost fish and pat it dry (this helps to make the breading stick better).
- Cut fish into smaller “fish stick” portions.
- Beat eggs and pour into a pie plate.
- Place seasoned cornflakes into a gallon-sized plastic bag and crush them up using a rolling pin or the palm of your hand.
- Dip each piece of fish into the egg, making sure to cover all sides, and then place into the cornflake crumb bag. Shake, making sure to cover all sides of the fish.
- Place breaded fish sticks onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake fish sticks for 20 minutes. No flipping necessary.
Recipe courtesy of PowerUp.
|Total Fat 2.5g|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 9g|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g|
|18%||Vitamin D 1.8mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.