- 2 pounds fish fillets (try cod, tilapia, snapper or others)
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or lettuce
- 2 cups chopped vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, corn, green onions, celery, avocado
- 1/2 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Cook by your favorite method (see below) until it appears opaque, flakes apart easily and is an internal temperature of at least 145°F.
- Mix cabbage or lettuce with other vegetables of your choice. Add chunks of fish. Drizzle with ranch dressing and salsa.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- In a Skillet – Use nonstick cooking spray or lightly oil a skillet. Add seasoned fish and cook over medium heat (300°F in an electric skillet) until flesh starts to appear white. Turn fish over and cook until it flakes easily,
- In the Oven - Put seasoned fish in a baking pan and cover with foil. Bake in a 350°F oven until fish flakes.
- Under a Broiler - Place seasoned fish on a broiler pan. Broil several inches from the heat until the fish is opaque throughout and flakes easily.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Food Hero, Oregon State University Extension Service.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Amount per 1/2 cup
|Total Fat 4.5g|
|Saturated Fat 1g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 5g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.