It doesn’t get much easier — or more delicious — than this ultrafast salmon. The sweetness of the maple balances the tangy mustard; smoked paprika or ground chipotle adds another layer of flavor. When you buy your salmon, ask at the fish counter to have the salmon cut into four 4-ounce fillets with the skin removed.
Cook Time: 8-12 minutes
Smoked paprika is made from smoke-dried, red peppers and adds an earthy, smoky flavor. It can be used in many types of savory dishes. Look for different types of paprika at large supermarkets or online.
- 3 tablespoons whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 4-oz skinless, center-cut, wild-caught salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine mustard, maple syrup, paprika (or chipotle), pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the mustard mixture evenly on the salmon.
- Roast until just cooked through, about 8-12 minutes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of ChopChop.
Amount per serving
|Total Fat 4g|
|Saturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbs 4g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|
|Added Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin D 13mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.