How medications can help treat alcohol and opioid addictions
Substance use disorder can have a huge impact on your relationships, finances and health. Overcoming addiction can feel frustrating, isolating and even hopeless.
But treating addiction has come a long way. In addition to traditional treatment programs like rehabilitation, 12-step programs and therapy, medicines can be used to help treat substance dependency. We’re talking to Dr. Joseph MacDonald about how medications are used to treat alcohol and opioid addictions. We cover:
- What is medication assisted treatment?
- Which addictions can medication help treat?
- How does medication help treat substance use disorders?
- Should medication assisted treatment be combined with other treatments?
- Do most insurance plans cover medication assisted treatment?
- How can I get started with treatment?
No matter how long you’ve been struggling with addiction, it’s not too late to get help. We’ll work with you to find the best way to help you overcome substance use so you can get back to the life you love.