Enjoy this delicious orange salmon with honey mustard featuring pan-seared salmon paired with linguine and asparagus.
- Juice from 1 orange
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces skinless salmon fillet
- 1/4 cup whole wheat linguine
- 6 asparagus spears, chopped
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 tablespoon freshly grated Pecorino
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, honey and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the salmon and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the salmon over, add the orange sauce and continue to cook until the salmon is golden and cooked through, about 4 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a plate.
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Drain the pasta and asparagus, and transfer to a bowl.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, warm the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the onion, garlic, parsley and basil and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add the onion and garlic mixture to the pasta, sprinkle with cheese, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Serve the salmon alongside the pasta with asparagus.
Recipe and photo courtesy of What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl.
|Total Fat 14g|
|Saturated Fat 2g|
|Total Carbs 14g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugars 4g|
|Vitamin D 9mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.