Enjoy this tasty light and filling meal of pan-seared catfish, brown rice and sauteed peppers.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 catfish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red and yellow bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked brown rice and stir to combine. Arrange half the rice mixture in the center of each plate.
- In the same skillet over medium high heat, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Using a paper towel, pat both sides of the catfish dry. Sprinkle both sides of the catfish with Creole seasoning and pepper.
- Add the catfish to the pan and cook until the bottom is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip the catfish over and continue cooking until the other side is golden brown and the fish is fork tender, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange the catfish atop the rice and garnish with additional vegetables, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl.
|Total Fat 33g|
|Saturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbs 48g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|
|Added Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.