A hearty meal for the family, this oven-baked lake trout is smothered in a parmesan sauce.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound lake trout fillets
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, optional
- Paprika to sprinkle on top, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, onion, salt and pepper.
- Place cleaned trout fillets in greased 13" x 9" pan.
- Spread the parmesan cheese mixture evenly on top of fish. Sprinkle with parsley and paprika, if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until fish flakes lightly with a fork (being careful to not overcook the fish).
Recipe courtesy of Cornell University Cooperative Extension.
Serving size: 3 ounces
Amount per 3 ounces
|Total Fat 6g|
|Saturated Fat 2g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 2g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|
|Added Sugars <1g|
|Vitamin D 10mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.