Prep time: 18 minutes
This dish is particularly good the next day, just warm and add lemon juice.
- 1½ cups orzo, cooked according to package directions
- 6 to 10 medium size perch fillets
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Juice from one lemon
- ¾ cup defatted chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ cup minced parsley
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling water, according to package directions.
- Fry perch fillets in olive oil until about halfway done and place on paper towel to dry. Drain pan of old oil.
- In the same pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, over medium-high heat, cook onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Cut perch into small cubes and add to pan.
- Cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice, chicken broth, salt, pepper flakes and dill, and bring to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked orzo, parsley and Parmesan. Toss well.
Recipe courtesy of Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
Amount per serving
|Total Fat 5g|
|Saturated Fat 1g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 37g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Added Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin D 1mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.