- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Beau Monde Seasoning, or any seasoning you like, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 cups minced arugula
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Dash Sea salt
Make the salmon:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or preheat the grill to medium.
- Brush both sides of the salmon with lemon juice and sprinkle with the Beau Monde Seasoning. Arrange the salmon in a large baking dish or place it directly on the grill.
- Bake or grill the salmon until cooked through, about 25 minutes in the oven or 10 minutes on the grill.
Make the quinoa:
- In a medium saucepan, bring the quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Let the quinoa cool then add the tomatoes and arugula, and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt. Add the yogurt mixture to the quinoa salad, and stir to combine.
- To serve, place a small (4-ounce) piece of salmon on top of some salad. (Salmon can be served hot or cold over the salad.)
Recipe courtesy of What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl.
Amount per serving
|Total Fat 18g|
|Saturated Fat 2g|
|Total Carbs 38g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|Added Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.