Shredded salmon served over a bowl of rice and greens make up this salmon sushi bowl. It’s both tasty and easy to take on the go!
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 8 cups prewashed mixed greens (including baby spinach)
- 1 small pitted avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (optional)
- Juice of 1 orange
- 4 seaweed sheets, cut with scissors into 1/2-inch squares
- In a saute pan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the canola oil. Add the salmon and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the salmon over and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Transfer the salmon to a bowl and gently shred into 1-inch pieces.
- In a jar or small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup canola oil with the vinegar, sesame oil and salt. Cover and shake the jar to mix the salad dressing or whisk it together.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cooked rice, sesame seeds and soy sauce. Add the mixed greens, avocado and salmon.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and a squeeze of the orange, and sprinkle with seaweed pieces.
Recipe courtesy of What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl.
|Total Fat 36g|
|Saturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbs 25g|
|Dietary Fiber 8g|
|Added Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin D 13mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.