Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Try any kind of fish or even chicken.
Change the flavor by adding lemon juice or lemon pepper.
Try salsa instead of fresh tomato and green onion.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fish fillets, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning blend
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Squeeze thawed spinach to remove most of the liquid. Spread in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange fish filslets over spinach. Sprinkle with seasoning blend. Top fish with tomatoes and green onions.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 minutes more or until fish flakes easily.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Food Hero, Oregon State University Extension Service.
Serving size: 2 oz of fish with vegetables
Amount per 2 oz
|Total Fat 2g|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 3g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.