This flavorful recipe gets its unique, trendy flavor from convenient, canned coconut milk and curry paste. The low-sodium chicken broth helps keep the sodium down and the flavor up.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds fish fillets (flounder salmon or other mild fish)
- use whatever type of fish are on sale or at best price. Check prices of frozen fish fillets.
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup canned, light coconut milk
- 2/3 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Season fish fillets with pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown fish on both sides.
- Add potatoes, broth and garlic to the skillet.
- Simmer about 5 minutes until the fish flakes with gentle pressure and internal temperature registers 145°F on a food thermometer.
- Transfer fish and potatoes to a warm platter.
- Over high heat, reduce liquid in the pan by about half.
- Stir in coconut milk and curry paste.
- Simmer until lightly thickened.
- Stir in parsley and pour over fish and potatoes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl.
Amount per serving
|Total Fat 10g|
|Saturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbs 19g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin D 4mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.