A quick and fresh meal, these grilled tilapia tacos are sure to please. Plus, it’s topped with a peach salsa that’s great for fish.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serving suggestions: serve with a Summer Corn Salad, chock full of vegetables, and a quick Mango Banana Shake for your best taco night yet!
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) peach halves, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper, rinsed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon low-sodium adobo seasoning
- 1 packet low-sodium sazon seasoning
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
For the salsa:
- In a medium bowl, stir together peaches, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the fish:
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Using paper towels, pat fish dry and transfer to plate.
- In a small bowl, stir together chili powder, low-sodium adobo and sazon packet.
- Rub fish with spice mixture to coat completely.
- Place fish on hot greased grill grates.
- Cook, flipping once until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork (a minimum internal temperature of 145°F), about 8 minutes.
- Thinly slice fish.
- To serve, fill each tortilla with 1/2 fish fillet and about 1/3 cup of salsa.
Recipe and photo courtesy of What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl.
|Total Fat 5g|
|Saturated Fat 2g|
|Total Carbs 44g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|Added Sugars 11g|
|Vitamin D 3mcg|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.