This tuna salad is the perfect quick and easy dinner. Made with diced zucchini, carrots and onions, it's a great way to get a high-protein and nutritious meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Try whole wheat pasta to include whole grains.
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna or salmon in water
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup sliced carrots
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain the cooking liquid and cool.
- Drain tuna or salmon.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Food Hero, Oregon State University Extension Service.
Amount per 1 cup
|Total Fat 8g|
|Saturated Fat 1g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 28g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.