A quick and hearty meal, enjoy this warm salmon pasta salad cooked in a skillet using canned salmon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain pasta (try shells, elbow or bow tie)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (5 ounces) canned salmon, drained (about 1/2 cup cooked fresh salmon)
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, then set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat (300°F in an electric skillet). Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add cooked pasta, salmon, tomato, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Cook until heated through.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Food Hero, Oregon State University Extension Service.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
|Total Fat 3g|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbs 22g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
*Percent Daily Values are included where available. They are based on a 2,000
calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.