Get your flu vaccine
Flu Season is officially upon us and the flu vaccine is your best defense against it.
Know when to seek care
Most people with the flu can manage with self-treatment and do not need to come into the clinics or Emergency Room for medical care. If you get sick with flu symptoms, try these tips for treating the flu at home.
Antiviral prescription drugs can be used to treat or to prevent influenza. If a high risk person has symptoms or has been in contact with a person who has influenza, they should contact their health care provider about possible treatment.
We recommend in-person care if you have the flu and any of these symptoms or conditions:
- Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with a fever and a worse cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Pain or pressure in your chest
- Sudden dizziness or confusion
- Pregnant or within two weeks after delivery
- A weakened immune system due to illness, medication, chemotherapy or HIV/AIDS
- Any chronic respiratory disease
Great options for flu care
Call – our CareLine at 612-339-3663 or 800-551-0859 (TTY 952-883-5474) for advice and treatment.
Click – virtuwell.com for 24/7 online diagnosis and treatment.
Come in – Flu shots are available at all HealthPartners urgent care or primary care clinics as well as other clinics, pharmacies and retail locations. Click here to find a flu shot near you.