U.S. News & World Report named Regions a 2019-20 Best Regional Hospital in its latest annual hospital rankings! We were also one of only 57 hospitals nationwide to be recognized as High Performing in all nine procedures and conditions evaluated as part of their annual rankings. Regions is tied for third best hospital in the Twin Cities and fifth best in Minnesota. The magazine’s rankings are based on factors like quality of nursing, discharge rates and other care-related categories.
Among the Nation’s Best
Regions Hospital was recognized as one of Healthgrades® America’s 50 Best Hospitals™. Every year, Healthgrades evaluates about 4,500 hospitals. Regions Hospital is in the top one percent of hospitals nationwide based on clinical outcomes. Here is a list of some of the other awards we received from Healthgrades:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades® ‘America’s 50 Best Hospitals’ Award™ for four years in a row (2016-2019)
- Recipient of Healthgrades® Distinguished Hospital Award – Clinical Excellence™ for nine years in a row (2011-2019)
- One of Healthgrades® America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care™ for six years in a row (2014-2019)
- Recipient of Healthgrades® America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™ for General Surgery five years in a row (2014-2018)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2018 Neurosciences Excellence Award™ for two years in a row (2018-2019)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cardiology Services for two years in a row (2017-2018)
- See the full list of awards
Women's Choice Award Obstetrics
Regions Hospital has been named as one of America's Best Hospitals for Obstetrics by the Women's Choice Award®, America's trusted referral source for the best in healthcare. The award signifies that Regions is in the top 17% of 2,778 U.S. hospitals offering obstetrics.
Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award
We are proud to be named one of the Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award by Practice Greenhealth, their highest honor for hospitals. This award recognizes hospitals for excellence and dedication to sustainability in health care. Practice Greenhealth is the nation’s leading health care sustainability community, empowering its members to improve their environmental stewardship.
Watson Health™ 50 Top Cardiovascular 2018
Regions Heart Center is the only hospital in Minnesota to be named as one of the nation's 2018 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Watson Health™. Thank you to our Heart Center team on being recognized for providing cardiovascular care that ranks among the best in the country.
- Minnesota’s first Comprehensive Stroke Center, certified by the Joint Commission
- Joint Replacement Program Gold Seal of Approval, certified by the Joint Commission
- Outstanding care for geriatric hip fracture patients, certified by the International
- Geriatric Fracture Society
- Certified Baby-Friendly birth center by Leapfrog
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative, certified by the American Society of Clinical Oncology
- One of only five Burn Centers in the nation certified by the American College of Surgeons and the American Burn Association
- Level 1 Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, certified by the American College of Surgeons
- Rehabilitation Center that has been CARF certified for more than 20 years
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, certified by the American College of Radiology
Medical support for the pros and their fans
Regions is proud to provide on-site medical coverage during Minnesota Wild, St. Paul Saints and Minnesota Vikings home games. Just like the pros do – you can count on us to take care of you inside and outside of the hospital.
Preferred hospital of the Minnesota Wild
Since 2000, Regions has provided specialty services for the team, including cranial facial and neuropsychology care.
Official hospital of the Saint Paul Saints
Regions Hospital is excited to be a part of the St. Paul Saints new CHS Field stadium and to be the official Hospital of the Saints. We also set up booths at home games throughout the season to provide fun and educational activities around important and relevant health topics.
Sideline support for the Minnesota Vikings
A Regions Hospital Emergency Medicine physician and EM resident have been on the sideline of every Vikings home game since 2008. If you see someone in a red NFL hat on the sideline, it’s one of our Regions doctors.
Hear what Regions patients are saying
They said, “Take me to Regions.” Learn more about other patients and their experience with our care teams.
Tell us how we’re doing
You can share your success story.