HealthPartners presents ‘Out North – MNLGBTQ History’
The new film sheds light on the past and present of Minnesota’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, and inspires diversity and inclusion
Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our HealthPartners culture. We are committed to creating a place where every person feels welcomed, included and valued. And that’s why we are so proud to be part of a new documentary called Out North – MNLGBTQ History!
This full-length film was created by Twin Cities Public Television (TPT). Here’s what the producers say about it:
- [Out North] is the first-ever film to honor our state’s LGBTQ history. The film features the stories of many LGBTQ Minnesotans. It follows how they found each other and spoke out in a time when it was a great risk to do so. And it explores some of the important ways Minnesota has played a role in the national movement for equality. The film is the latest addition to Twin Cities PBS’ work on Minnesota’s history. It explores the past through personal moments and major milestones. It does not chronicle politics and policy. Rather, these stories tilt toward the human, lived experience.
Out North will debut Monday, Oct. 16 at 8 p.m. on TPT 2
It will then re-air:
- Tuesday, Oct. 17 at 2 a.m. on TPT 2
- Thursday, Oct. 19 at 8 p.m. on TPT LIFE
- Friday, Oct. 20 at 2 a.m. on TPT LIFE
- Saturday, Oct. 21 at 9 p.m. on TPT LIFE
- Sunday, Oct. 22 at 3 a.m. on TPT LIFE
Watch the trailer for Out North
Visit the Out North website to watch other clips and learn more about the film.