PowerUp this week to eat better, move more
A week of fun ways to PowerUp is taking place in the St. Croix Valley
PowerUp Week is taking place May 5-13 in locations from Mahtomedi, Minnesota, to Amery, Wisconsin. This is the third annual PowerUp Week in the St. Croix Valley.
This special week encourages people to have fun, get inspired and PowerUp. There are lots of activities to help everyone move more and eat better.
Events start on Friday, May 5 with the PowerUp Family Cinco de Mayo Triathlon.
The Power Chef Recipe Contest will be held through May 26. The best kid-approved recipe using fruits or veggies will win an Instant Pot gift pack. Find the full details and rules here.
More activities include:
- A birthday party for Chomp, the PowerUp superhero, at Amery Library (May 6)
- A historic stairs fitness hike in Stillwater (May 6)
- A veggie tasting at Cooks of Crocus Hill (May 6)
- Open Gym with Kids Dance and Veggie Giveaway at Somerset Middle School (May 10)
- Free Veggie Giveaways at Amery Hospital & Clinic and Stillwater Medical Group – Mahtomedi Clinic (May 11)
- Chomp’s birthday party at Lake Elmo Library (May 12)
- Kids’ Animal Hike and Geocaching for PowerUp prizes at Willow River State Park in Hudson (May 13 and 14)
Last year, more than 80 organizations partnered with us to put on PowerUp Week. More than 2,200 children and adults took part in activities. More than 1,800 bags of carrots and veggies were given away. And 260 pounds of food were collected for local food shelves.
For the full schedule of events this week and later in May, check out the PowerUp website.