HealthPartners hosting eight computer and cell phone recycling events
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – In recognition of Earth Day, eight HealthPartners and Park Nicollet hospitals and clinics are partnering with Tech Dump and Green Lights Recycling to collect old cell phones, laptops and other computer based products for free. Events are happening April 12 through 27.
Sustainability is an important part of the HealthPartners mission, which is to improve health and well-being in partnership with those we serve. “By caring for the places where we live and work, we’re creating healthier and cleaner communities for us, our members, patients and future generations,” said Dana Slade, Sustainability Manager, HealthPartners. “These events are just one example of our comprehensive efforts. We invite our employees and the community to participate and support our recycling and ecofriendly efforts.”
Get ready to unload those old computers and cell phones – and feel good about supporting Earth Day and a healthier, cleaner environment.
Here are the items that will be accepted for free:
- Desktop computers, notebooks, laptops, chromebooks
- Cell Phones, smart phones
- Mouse, keyboards, cords
- iPads, tablets
- MP3 players, iPods
- Cords, chargers, cables, Christmas lights
Event dates and locations are below. For details on what is accepted at a specific location, click on a hyperlink below:
- April 12, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Park Nicollet Bloomington Clinic (5320 Hyland Greens Dr, Bloomington, MN, in the parking lot)
- April 13, 1 – 4:30 p.m. at Westfields Hospital & Clinic (535 Hospital Road, New Richmond, WI, near the Farmers Market area)
- April 19, 2 – 5 p.m. at Methodist Hospital (6500 Excelsior Blvd., St. Louis Park, MN, in the red lot)
- April 20, 7:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. at HealthPartners headquarters (8170 – 33rd Ave. South, Bloomington, MN, in the northwest corner of the lot off of American Boulevard)
- April 20, noon – 3 p.m. at Lakeview Hospital/Stillwater Medical Group (1500 Curve Crest Blvd, Stillwater, MN, in employee parking lot)
- April 21, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at HealthPartners St. Paul Clinic (205 Wabasha St. S, St Paul, MN, in the parking lot)
- April 22, 8 a.m. – noon at Hudson Hospital & Clinic (405 Stageline Road, Emergency Center entrance)
- April 27, noon – 3 p.m. at Amery Hospital & Clinic (located at Amery Area Community Center parking lot, Amery, WI)
The hospital or clinic location’s Green Team is hosting the event and will have volunteers on hand to assist participants with their electronics recycling needs.
For more information about our commitment to sustainability, visit healthpartners.com/sustainability.
HealthPartners is the largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation with a mission to improve health and well-being in partnership with members, patients and the community. For more information, visit healthpartners.com.
About Tech Dump:
TechDump.org is a division of Jobs Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit providing stable jobs to economically disadvantaged adults to obtain marketable job skills and a pathway to self-sufficiency. TechDump.org accomplishes this through the collection and recycling of electronics which not only support a green initiative, but also uses the proceeds from recycling and refurbishing to create jobs for those with barriers to employment. To find out more, visit their website at TechDump.org.
About Green Lights Recycling:
Based in Minnesota since 1995, GLR has maintained a proven track record for responsible recycling and kept over 79 million pounds of waste out of landfills. Our goal is to keep over 100 million pounds of waste out of landfills by 2020. Please visit us at GLRnow.com or call 763-785-0456 for any questions you may have.