HealthPartners selected as a health care "System for Change"
Demonstrates environmental stewardship in health care practices across the entire health care system
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. — HealthPartners has been awarded a “System for Change” Award from Practice Greenhealth, the nation's leading health care community dedicated to transforming health care worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice.
The System for Change Award recognizes health systems that are working cohesively to gather data, set system goals, benchmark, and share successes in environmental performance. System for Change Award winners have at least five hospitals or long-term care facilities and joined Practice Greenhealth as a health system.
“We're committed to improving the health and well-being of the communities we serve in partnership with our members, patients and employees. Caring for the environment and providing healthier, cleaner communities is an important part of this commitment,” said Dana Slade, Director, Sustainability Programs. “We're proud of what we have accomplished and will continue to expand our sustainability programs to enhance the health of the communities we serve.”
Additional awards received by hospitals in the HealthPartners system:
- Circles of Excellence (Top 10), Greening the OR: Regions Hospital (won this award for the second time.)
- Circles of Excellence (Top 10), Food: Hudson Hospital & Clinic (won this award for the second time.)
- Greening the OR Recognition: Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Westfields Hospital & Clinic, Lakeview Hospital, Methodist Hospital.
- Greenhealth Emerald Award: Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Regions Hospital, Methodist Hospital, Westfields Hospital & Clinic and Lakeview Hospital (this is the second highest award a facility can win.)
- Partner for Change Award: Amery Hospital & Clinic (this is Amery's first year, but second award for their new Green Team.)
- Making Medicine Mercury Free: Methodist Hospital and Lakeview Hospital.
The Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Awards were presented in Dallas, Texas, May 19 at the CleanMed Conference & Exhibition, THE premier national environmental conference for leaders in health care sustainability.
HealthPartners is the largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation with a mission to improve health and well-being in partnership with members, patients and the community. For more information, visit healthpartners.com.
About Practice Greenhealth:
Practice Greenhealth is the nation's leading health care community dedicated to transforming health care worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice. To learn more about Practice Greenhealth visit practicegreenhealth.org.