Modern Healthcare names HealthPartners President and CEO Andrea Walsh one of Top 25 Women Leaders
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – HealthPartners President and CEO Andrea Walsh is among the nation’s top 25 women in healthcare in 2019 according to Modern Healthcare magazine. The recognition honors the top women healthcare executives who are influencing the policy and care delivery models across the country. The winners are featured in the February 18, 2019 print issue of Modern Healthcare and at ModernHealthcare.com/topwomenexecs.
“The executives named to this year’s Top 25 Women Leaders list exemplify how diversity results in success, both clinically and financially,” said Aurora Aguilar, editor for Modern Healthcare.
The award recognizes Andrea Walsh’s leadership in areas such as:
- Providing award-winning care and coverage. HealthPartners was named an IBM Watson Health Top 15 Health System.
- Improving care for mental health through the opening of two new behavioral health clinics and a short-term residential treatment center for mental health.
- Reducing health disparities. The Minnesota Department of Health and the American Cancer Society recognized HealthPartners for a program that significantly increased the number of Spanish-speaking patients who received a colon cancer screening.
- Leading our Children’s Health Initiative. This focuses on giving kids the best start possible through programs such as screening mothers for post-partum depression and offering non-judgmental support for women to have a drug, alcohol and tobacco free pregnancy. Andrea is broadening this effort with the Little Moments Count community campaign to raise awareness on the importance on brain development by talking, singing, reading and playing with babies and toddlers.
- Establishing a culture of innovation such as the online clinic Virtuwell and SmartCare which offers patients more choices for care to help lower costs.
In addition to Walsh, other women executives on the Top 25 list include CMS Administrator Seema Verma, President of the American Medical Association Dr. Barbara McAneny and Executive Vice President of CVS Health Karen Lynch.
HealthPartners is the largest consumer-governed, non-profit health care organization in the nation. The company’s mission is to improve health and well-being in partnership with members, patients and the community. For more information, visit healthpartners.com.