HealthPartners Chief People Officer DeLinda Washington named Top Diversity Leader by Modern Healthcare
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – HealthPartners today announced that Modern Healthcare has recognized DeLinda Washington, senior vice president and chief people officer, as a Top Diversity Leader in Healthcare. She is one of the nation’s 10 “Leaders to Watch,” recognized for their outstanding achievement in promoting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in their organizations and the health care industry.
Some of Washington’s most notable accomplishments include:
- Working with HealthPartners’ senior leader team to set long-term DEI goals and build the strategies to achieve them
- Increasing the number of diverse leaders and colleagues hired
- Implementing training for leaders and colleagues focused on bias and inclusion
- Supporting listening sessions and sponsoring colleague resource groups, affinity groups and Health Equity Champions
- Serving as a catalyst on the organization-wide equity, inclusion and anti-racism cabinet
- Codesigning an equity framework for use in re-examining policies and practices across HealthPartners
“DeLinda is a leader who inspires people to be their best. She fosters a workplace where everyone is welcome, included and valued,” said Andrea Walsh, HealthPartners president and CEO. “This recognition is well-deserved.”
The annual Top Diversity Leaders recognition program honors health care executives and organizations influencing policy, care delivery and public health models across the country. This year’s honorees have used a variety of strategies to widen access to care and build communities of wellness.
“The honorees on Modern Healthcare’s 2022 lists of Top Diversity Leaders and Organizations demonstrate a willingness to devote the resources necessary to execute meaningful diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives,” said Mary Ellen Podmolik, Modern Healthcare’s editor. “Their efforts to provide greater opportunities internally while advancing health equity initiatives in their communities set a great example for others to follow.”
Modern Healthcare will honor Washington during its Top Diversity Leaders Awards Gala on Dec. 8 in Chicago, Ill.
HealthPartners is the largest consumer-governed, non-profit health care organization in the nation with a mission to improve health and well-being in partnership with members, patients and the community. For more information, visit healthpartners.com.
About Modern Healthcare
Modern Healthcare is the most trusted business news and information brand in the healthcare industry. Modern Healthcare empowers healthcare leaders and influencers to make timely and informed business decisions. To learn more or subscribe, go to http://www.modernhealthcare.com/subscriptions.