HealthPartners expands well-being program to include on-demand digital fitness, gym membership discounts
MINNEAPOLIS – HealthPartners is expanding its well-being programs by offering Wellbeats, on-demand, virtual fitness classes. Wellbeats, a Minnesota company, combines exclusive content and technology to create an easy to use, personalized fitness experience that eliminates top barriers to working out.
Wellbeats offers hundreds of classes, fitness assessments and challenges online or through an Android or iOS app. at schools, the U.S. military, and other organizations.
“Wellbeats meets the desire among many consumers, especially millennials, who want the convenience, affordability and choice that digital fitness programs offer,” said Scott Aebischer, HealthPartners senior vice president of customer service and product innovation. “The addition of virtual fitness programs makes working out easier and that helps achieve our mission to improve health.”
The benefits of Wellbeats virtual fitness sessions include:
- 450+ high quality, 1-50 minute videos
- 29 channels, no equipment options, for every age, interest and ability
- Goal based challenges and fitness assessments
- Highly certified, relatable, motivating instructors
- Safe and education based programming
- Ability to track and measure progress
- In-app messaging inspire and motivate activity
Wellbeats will be available beginning Jan. 1, 2020 to all HealthPartners fully-insured individual and small group plans in Minnesota and Wisconsin. It will also be available to fully and self-insured large companies who have HealthPartners Health and Well-being packages.
In addition to Wellbeats, HealthPartners is also adding two programs that offer discounts for gym memberships for all commercial, Medicare and Medicaid medical and dental members. The programs are:
- The Active&Fit DirectTM program, provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., which provides access to 10,000+ participating fitness centers nationwide. Members pay only $25 a month, plus an initial, one-time $25 enrollment fee. It is available to all commercial members.
- GlobalFit, which offers discounts from 5 percent to 20 percent for gym memberships at over 9,000 clubs across the nation. Lifetime Fitness and the YMCA are not in the GlobalFit network.
For more than 20 years, HealthPartners has been a national leader in supporting health and well-being for members and patients. For example, in 1999 HealthPartners introduced the first 10,000® Steps walking program to the United States. It has since expanded to include more than 25 health and well-being activities and phone coaching to support physical activity, healthy nutrition, tobacco cessation, emotional well-being and more.
HealthPartners is a consumer-governed, non-profit health care organization with a mission to improve health and well-being in partnership with members, patients and the community. For more information, visit healthpartners.com.