HealthPartners hospitals win top 25 award for sustainability
Methodist Hospital, Regions Hospital, Lakeview Hospital and Hudson Hospital & Clinic named among top 25 in the U.S. for environmental stewardship in health care
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – April 24, 2018 – Four HealthPartners hospitals have won top honors for their environmental sustainability work. Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Lakeview Hospital, Methodist Hospital and Regions Hospital received the Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award from Practice Greenhealth. This award recognizes these hospitals for excellence and dedication to sustainability in health care. Practice Greenhealth is the nation’s leading health care sustainability community, empowering its members to improve their environmental stewardship.
The Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award is Practice Greenhealth’s highest honor for hospitals. Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Lakeview Hospital, Methodist Hospital and Regions Hospital are leading the industry with innovation in sustainability, demonstrating superior programs, and illustrating how sustainability is entrenched in their culture.
“The Practice Greenhealth Top 25 awards are truly a reflection of the dedication, passion and support we have at the hospitals that won these awards in 2018,” said Dana Slade, Director, Sustainability Programs. “We have made a strong connection between health, well-being and our sustainability initiatives. This is illustrated every day by all of our colleagues across the organization.”
The HealthPartners organization won 15 other awards:
- Amery Hospital & Clinic: Greenhealth Emerald Award; Greening the OR Recognition; Circles of Excellence-Water
- Hudson Hospital & Clinic: Greening the OR Recognition; Circles of Excellence-Food; Circles of Excellence-Leadership
- Methodist Hospital: Greening the OR Recognition
- Regions Hospital: Circles of Excellence-Greening the OR; Circles of Excellence-Energy
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic: Greenhealth Emerald Award; Circles of Excellence Award-Food; Greening the OR Recognition
- HealthPartners: System For Change Award; Circles of Excellence Award-Waste; Circles of Excellence-Environmentally Preferred Purchasing
The awards will be presented at the Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Awards Gala, set for May 9 in San Diego at the conclusion of the CleanMed Conference & Exhibition.
HealthPartners is the largest consumer-governed, non-profit health care organization in the nation with a mission to improve health and well-being in partnership with members, patients and the community. For more information, visit healthpartners.com.
About Practice Greenhealth
Practice Greenhealth is the nation’s leading health care community dedicated to transforming health care worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice. To learn more about Practice Greenhealth visit practicegreenhealth.org.