HealthPartners recognized among top 10 in eight categories of sustainability
National awards honor commitment to a cleaner community
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – In recognition for outstanding accomplishments in sustainability, HealthPartners received 17 Circle of Excellence Awards in eight different categories from Practice Greenhealth, the nation’s leading organization dedicated to environmental sustainability in health care. The awards are presented each year to honor environmental achievements in health care.
The Circle of Excellence Awards honor hospitals and organizations for outstanding performance in one specific area. Six HealthPartners hospitals won Circles of Excellence Awards. Winning categories included Climate, Energy, Food, Greening the OR, Leadership, Waste, Water and Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP). These awards highlight hospitals that are driving innovation in sustainability performance. There can be up to 10 designees selected for each Circle of Excellence category.
“The Circle of Excellence Awards are recognition of the high level of performance we have reached with our green teams,” said Dana Slade, director of sustainability programs. “The variety of awards we won in 2019 reflects the comprehensive nature of our program and the dedication of our teams. We continue to raise the bar for our organization while improving the health and well-being of the community we serve.”
HealthPartners received 29 Practice Greenhealth awards, including 17 Circles of Excellence:
- Amery Hospital & Clinic: Emerald Award; Greening the OR Recognition; Circles of Excellence for Leadership and Water
- Hudson Hospital & Clinic: Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award; Greening the OR Recognition; Circles of Excellence for Leadership and Waste
- Lakeview Hospital: Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award; Greening the OR Recognition; Circles of Excellence for Leadership, Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP), Energy and Water
- Methodist Hospital: Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award; Circles of Excellence for Leadership and Waste
- Regions Hospital: Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award; Circles of Excellence for Leadership, Food, Greening the OR, Energy, Climate and Waste
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic: Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award; Greening the OR Recognition; Circles of Excellence Award for Leadership
- HealthPartners: System For Change Award
- Barbara Tretheway: Visionary Leader Award
The awards were presented May 9 at the Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Awards Gala in Nashville, Tenn., at the conclusion of the CleanMed Conference & Exhibition.
HealthPartners is the largest consumer-governed, non-profit health care organization in the nation with a mission to improve health and well-being in partnership with members, patients and the community. For more information, visit healthpartners.com.
About Practice Greenhealth
Practice Greenhealth is the nation’s leading health care community dedicated to transforming health care worldwide so that it reduces its environmental footprint, becomes a community anchor for sustainability and a leader in the global movement for environmental health and justice. To learn more about Practice Greenhealth visit practicegreenhealth.org.