Financial assistance program
We are available by appointment at HealthPartners Clinics to help you with the Minnesota Health Care Program or Financial Assistance Program application. Call us if you:
- Have questions
- Would like to make an appointment for help with your application
- Want to know the status of your application
To receive assistance you must qualify for the HealthPartners Clinics Financial Assistance Program or been approved for the Regions Hospital Financial Assistance Program.
To be eligible, you must:
- First apply for and use all government program assistance
- If you were denied government assistance based on income guidelines, you may still qualify for the HealthPartners Clinics Financial Assistance Program.
Program assistance is based on:
- Assets, such as property or savings accounts
- Liabilities, such as bills or regular payments due
- Family size
You may apply for the HealthPartners Clinics Financial Assistance Program even if you have insurance coverage. Any discount you receive will be on the balance after insurance payments are made.
Information on Minnesota Health Care Programs, can be found at Minnesota Health Care Programs
If you are uninsured, you may qualify for a tax credit and payment assistance to purchase health care coverage through a new marketplace called MNsure. You can find out more about MNsure at www.mnsure.org or by calling 1-855-366-7873 (1-855-3MNSURE).
Your application for the HealthPartners Clinics Financial Assistance Program will not be complete until we receive:
- A copy of your last federal tax return
- An Income Earnings Statement from the Social Security Administration if you did not file tax forms last year. The Social Security Administration can be reached at 800-772-1213.
- Copies of your two most recent pay stubs or earnings statements
- A copy of your most recent award sheet if you are currently receiving disability income
Your application will be denied if the above documentation is not provided within 15 days. You may submit your application in one of the following ways:
Financial assistance application
Mail stop 25508B
PO Box 1309
Minneapolis, MN 55440-8725
Applications can also be turned in at any HealthPartners clinic. Please put your application and required documents in a sealed envelope labeled “Patient Accounting” to ensure confidentiality.
Once we have all of your information, we will review your application and compare it with the federal economic guidelines. We will send you a letter about your application in 10–14 days.
If your application is denied and you have an outstanding balance, you must make payment arrangements or your future access to HealthPartners Clinics may be restricted. If you do not have insurance, you will be required to make a down payment before your appointment.
If you would like help with your application, please call us at the numbers under the “Contact us” tab.
Contact Patient Accounting
Call Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT
- 877-655-2669 (Toll Free)
- 800-627-3529 (TTY)
Pay a bill using just your credit or debit card