Financial assistance program
We are available by appointment at HealthPartners Clinics to help you with the Minnesota Health Care Program or Financial Assistance Program application. Call us if you:
- Have questions
- Would like to make an appointment for help with your application
- Want to know the status of your application
To receive assistance you must qualify for the HealthPartners Clinics Financial Assistance Program.
To be eligible, you must:
- First apply for and use all government program assistance
- If you were denied government assistance based on income guidelines, you may still qualify for the HealthPartners Clinics Financial Assistance Program.
Program assistance is based on:
- Assets, such as property or savings accounts
- Family size
You may apply for the HealthPartners Clinics Financial Assistance Program even if you have insurance coverage. Any discount you receive will be on the balance after insurance payments are made.
Information on Minnesota Health Care Programs, can be found at Minnesota Health Care Programs
If you are uninsured, you may qualify for a tax credit and payment assistance to purchase health care coverage through a new marketplace called MNsure. You can find out more about MNsure at www.mnsure.org or by calling 1-855-366-7873 (1-855-3MNSURE).
Your application for the HealthPartners Clinics Financial Assistance Program will not be complete until we receive:
- Last federal tax return or Income Earnings Statement from Social Security Administration if you did not file taxes last year. The Social Security Administration can be reached at 800-772-1213 or ssa.gov.
- Copies of your last 60 days of pay stubs
- Latest financial statement supporting liquid asset holdings
- Social Security letter or unemployment benefit letter, if applicable
Your application will be denied if the above documentation is not provided within 15 days. You may submit your application in one of the following ways:
Apply online via your myHealthPartners account:
Use your Online Patient Services by signing on to your myHealthPartners account, choose the account you want to apply for financial assistance, and complete the application.
Apply Online without an account:
If you do not have a myHealthPartners account, complete the Financial assistance application online.
Apply via Financial Assistance Form:
Financial Assistance Program Application(PDF)
Completed Financial Assistance Applications can be returned via:
Email at HPMGFinancialCounselor@HealthPartners.com
Fax to 952-883-9620
Mail to: HealthPartners Mail stop 25508B PO Box 1309 Minneapolis, MN 55440-8725
In person: Applications can also be turned in at any HealthPartners clinic. Please put your application and required documents in a sealed envelope labeled “Patient Accounting” to ensure confidentiality.
Once we have all of your information, we will review your application and compare it with the federal economic guidelines. We will send you a letter about your application in 10–14 days.
If your application is denied and you have an outstanding balance, you must make payment arrangements or your future access to HealthPartners Clinics may be restricted. If you do not have insurance, you will be required to make a down payment before your appointment.
If you would like help with your application, please call us at the numbers under the “Contact us” tab.
Contact Patient Accounting
Call Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT
- 877-655-2669 (Toll Free)
- 800-627-3529 (TTY)