It’s time to get a flu shot
Get a flu shot at any HealthPartners urgent care or clinic location.
What does it cost?
Flu shots are available for $50 but are often covered 100 percent, depending on your insurance.
Call ahead with questions
Call to schedule an appointment or ask a question. You can also simply walk in for a flu shot. Vaccines are available during regularly-scheduled appointments, too.
Online treatment for the flu
Get treatment for the flu or flu-like symptoms wherever you are with Virtuwell, our online clinic. You can get a diagnosis, personalized treatment plan and prescription in 30 minutes or less – all from your phone or computer.
Children, 65 and older, allergies
- Children under 8: Children 6 months to eight years old getting vaccinated for the first time need two doses of the vaccine this season. Children under eight who have only gotten one dose of vaccine in the past also need two doses.
- *Adults 65 and older: Get a high-dose flu shot early for the best protection. Call your HealthPartners location ahead of time. Information on high-dose flu vaccines is available on the CDC website.
- Nasal mist: The FluMist (nasal spray) will not be offered at HealthPartners Clinics this year.
Advice at any time:
When should I go to the doctor?
Go to the doctor if you think you have the flu or flu-like symptoms, and any of these symptoms or conditions:
- Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with a fever and a worse cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Pain or pressure in your chest
- Sudden dizziness or confusion
- Pregnant or within two weeks after delivery
- A weakened immune system due to illness, medication, chemotherapy or HIV/AIDS
- Any chronic respiratory disease
- Are 65 years or older
- Are younger than five years
Who should get the flu vaccine?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a yearly flu vaccine for everyone 6 months and older. Getting vaccinated in early fall is the best way to protect yourself, your family and friends from the flu.