Optional Freedom Comprehensive Dental
100 percent coverage for routine exams, cleanings and other preventive dental care
When you enroll in Freedom Vital, Active Balance or Ultimate, you have the option to buy supplemental dental coverage.
You can enroll for dental coverage when you enroll for coverage in the Freedom plan.
How much will I pay?
- Additional monthly dental premium: $39.90
- Annual deductible: $50 per calendar year for regular and restorative care, special restorative care and prosthetics
What’s included in the dental coverage?
You have 100 percent coverage for:
- Preventive and diagnostic care, including:
- Routine examinations and cleanings
- Other preventive services
You have 50 percent coverage for:
- Sealants, including pit and fissure sealants
- Regular and restorative care, including:
- Oral surgery
- Periodontics (gum treatment)
- Endodontics (root canal therapy)
- Special restorative care, including:
- Restorative crowns
- Prosthetics, including:
- Partial dentures
- Annual benefit maximum: $1,100 per calendar year. $200 may be applied to out-of-network services.
- For Freedom Vital and Active, preventive and diagnostic services do apply toward the annual maximum. For Freedom Balance and Ultimate, preventive and diagnostic services do not apply toward the annual maximum.
To receive the coverage listed above, you must use in-network dental providers and facilities. View your Evidence of Coverage (EOC) for more information.
Need a directory?
If you would like a Provider/Pharmacy Directory mailed to you call Member Services.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. The formulary, pharmacy network and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
HealthPartners MSHO is a health plan that contracts with both Medicare and the Minnesota Medical Assistance (Medicaid) program to provide benefits of both programs to enrollees. HealthPartners Freedom is a Cost plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in HealthPartners depends on contract renewal.
Last updated November 2016