Managing medication side effects and interactions
Is my medicine helping me feel my best? Are they safe to take together? Are they causing side effects? We can help.
Half of all patients do not take their medicine as prescribed. It’s confusing. Do you know where to get help with your medication?
Feel confident taking your medicine
It can be hard to manage all your medicine – especially if you take numerous prescriptions. Meet with a pharmacist – for free – to find the right combination of medicine to feel your best.
This is different from the work your doctor does and different from the work the pharmacists at the store do when they fill prescriptions. Doctors diagnose and treat conditions. The pharmacists who fill your medicine ensure you get the right dose of the right medicine. Those are important, and this is a good addition. Plus, doctors recommend it.
Understanding the side effects and interactions of medicine
Medication therapy management (also called MTM) is a free program. The goal of MTM is for you to receive an in-depth review of your medicine, and to talk with the pharmacist about whether your mix of medicines is safe, effective and matches your lifestyle.
When you sign up for MTM, you work with a pharmacist who reviews all the medicine you take. This includes prescriptions, over-the-counter medicine and supplements. The pharmacist looks at your medicine and lifestyle holistically and checks for things like:
- Is the medicine you’re taking safe and effective?
- Do your prescriptions or over-the-counter medicines have negative side effects or interactions?
- Is this medicine right for your lifestyle?
Benefits of working with an MTM pharmacist
“As a pharmacist, I work closely with patients who are taking more than one medicine. I like to think of managing multiple medicines like creating a great meal. It happens one step at a time, and it’s easier with a great recipe. That’s where I come in. I’m here to help you create the perfect recipe for your medicine.”
Someone on my team can help you:
- Find ways to minimize or eliminate side effects
- Reduce the number of medicines you take
- Find lower-cost alternatives
Many people can benefit from working with an MTM pharmacist, but those who benefit the most are people who:
- Take several medicines (prescription, over the counter medicines and supplements)
- Work with more than one doctor
- Have a health condition that doesn’t let them feel their best
- Are having a problem that might be caused by medicine
Schedule an MTM appointment
If you would like support with your medicines, MTM may be the right program for you. To request an appointment, log on to myHealthPartners. Or call to schedule your free appointment.