Specialty drug program
Our specialty drug program helps you get the medicine you need for ongoing health care.
What’s a specialty medication?
It’s special medicine taken for ongoing health care needs. It’s usually taken by mouth or self-injected by you or a family member. These medicines treat health care conditions like:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
How does the program work?
You’ll get your medicines from one of these pharmacies depending on your needs:
- CVS Caremark Specialty
- Walgreens Specialty—for infertility medicines only
- Children’s Hospital & Clinic Pharmacy—for Cystic Fibrosis & clotting factors only
- Fairview Specialty Services—for Cystic Fibrosis & clotting factors only
- Accredo Specialty Pharmacy—for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension only
Your specialty drug pharmacy is an expert with supplying specialty medications. They’ll work with you to conveniently and safely deliver your medicines to you. Plus, you can rest easy knowing you’ll get your medicine on time to keep you feeling at your best with:
- Free shipping and handling
- Monthly phone calls to remind you when it’s time to reorder
- For members using a manufacturer coupon, your out-of-pocket cost will typically be the amount stated by the coupon, but will never be higher than your copay for the medicine. The amount paid by the manufacturer will not apply to your annual deductible or out-of-pocket limit.
For quick answers to your specialty medicine needs call your specialty pharmacist or CVS Caremark. They’re trained to answer your questions 24/7—so you can get answers when you need them.
To find out if your specialty medicine is covered by your benefit plan call HealthPartners Member Services at 952-883-5000 or 800-883-2177.
Specialty drug pharmacies:
CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy
Open (EST): Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sat: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
105 Mall Blvd
Monroeville, PA 15146
Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy (Frisco)
Open (CST): Mon-Fri 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sat: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
7164 Technology Drive
Frisco, Texas 75033
Children’s Hospital & Clinic Pharmacy
Open (CST): Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sat: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sun 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Phone: 612-813-7290 (Minneapolis)
651-220-6963 (St. Paul)
2530 Chicago Ave South Suite #270
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Fairview Specialty Pharmacy
Open (CST): Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Phone: 612-672-5260 (cystic fibrosis)
711 Kasota Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Accredo Specialty Pharmacy
Open (CST): Mon-Fri 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sat: 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
PO Box 954041
St Louis, MO 63195-4041