Title: Clinical investigator; staff physician, Pulmonary Critical Care Department, Regions Hospital; medical director, Hudson Hospital Sleep Lab, Hudson, WI; medical director, Asthma Center, HealthPartners Specialty Center, St. Paul, MN; medical director, Regions Hospital/HealthPartners Sleep Center, Maplewood, MN; medical director, Regions/HealthPartners Home Medical Equipment, St. Paul.
Assistant professor of medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
Education and training: MD, MPH, University of Minnesota; Residency in internal medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis; Chief medical resident, Ramsey Medical Center, St. Paul, MN; Fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis; Fellowship in allergy, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis; Archibald Bush Medical Fellowship, Bush Foundation.
Overview/research interests: Dr. McEvoy’s research interests include COPD and other smoking-related disorders, asthma and sleep disorders.
- COPD Gene Renewal. Funder: National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- A MultiCentre, Randomized, Double-blind, Parallel Group, Placebo-Controlled, Phase III Efficacy and Safety Study of Benralizumab (MEDI-563) Added to High-Dose Inhaled Corticosteroid Plus Long-Acting β2 Agonist in Patients with Uncontrolled Asthma (SIROCCO) and (BORA – open label). Funder: AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
- A Safety and Efficacy Study of Inhaled Fluticasone Propionate/Salmeterol Combination versus Inhaled Fluticasone Propionate in the Treatment of Adolescent and Adult Subjects with Asthma (AUSTRI TRIAL). Funder: GlaxoSmithKline
- A 24-Week Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of 18 MCG of Tiotropium Inhalation Capsules Administtered by Handihaler Once-Daily Plus PRN Albuteral (Salbutamol) vs. Placebo Plus PRN Albuterol (Salbutomol) in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Subjects Naïve to Maintenance Therapy (SPIRIVA). Funder: Pfizer Inc., U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group
- Post-FDA Approval Clinical Trial Evaluating Bronchial Thermoplasty in Severe Persistent Asthma (PAS2). Funder: Boston Scientific
- Longitudinal Follow-Up to (1 of 2) Genetic Epidemiology of COPD. Funder: COPD Foundation