Title: Research Investigator
Joined the Institute: 2011
Education and training: PhD and MPH (epidemiology), University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
Overview/research interests: Chronic disease epidemiology, prevention and quality improvement in adults and children, including diabetes, diabetes prevention, cardiovascular disease, and cancer prevention; health equity research; clinical decision support for primary care providers and patients; dissemination and implementation research; large electronic health record studies; and mHealth interventions.
Current research activities and funding:
- Reducing Cardiovascular Risk in Prediabetes Patients Using EHR-Based Decision Support Cardiovascular Benefits and Safety of Glucose-Lowering Therapies in Adults with Diabetes
- Minnesota Medicaid Incentives for Prevention of Diabetes
- Prioritized Clinical Decision Support to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk
- The Patient Outcomes Research to Advance Learning (PORTAL) Network Adult Overweight and Obesity Cohort
- NIH Health Delivery Systems Center for Diabetes Translational Research
- Multi-Level Communication Strategies for HPV Vaccination in Hmong Adolescents
- A Path to Identifying Effective Treatments for Hmong Adults Suffering from Gout and Gout Related Co-Morbidities