The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period runs now through Dec. 7. Explore your plan options today.
HealthPartners® Freedom (Cost) plans are designed by Minnesotans, for Minnesotans. Our Cost plans feature extra perks and benefits not included with Original Medicare. Plus, you’ll receive coverage from a wide network of health care experts – including more than 60,000 doctors and clinicians at thousands of care locations. And it’s all backed by our Minnesota-based customer service.
All of our Cost plans received an overall Medicare Star Rating of 5 out of 5 for 2022 – the highest score possible. These objective ratings are the result of high marks for quality, customer service and how well we keep members healthy.
Need coverage for the rest of 2021? Explore 2021 plans instead.
With HealthPartners Freedom plans, you’ll get the access, benefits and affordability you need:
- Low monthly premiums and copays as low as $0 for preventive, primary and specialty care visits.
- A wide network of doctors and specialists, including trusted providers like Essentia Health, St. Luke's, HealthPartners, Park Nicollet and all major care systems in the Twin Cities and central Minnesota.
- Out-of-network flexibility – Need to get care outside of your network? No problem: Our Cost plans work together with Original Medicare to give you affordable options for providers no matter where you are in the U.S.
- Dental coverage – Our Freedom Ultimate plan includes $0 copays for preventive care, and our Freedom Balance plan includes a $750 allowance for preventive and comprehensive care. Both our Freedom Ultimate and Freedom Vital plans have available optional comprehensive dental coverage.
- No referrals necessary – You can see a specialist without waiting for a referral from your primary care doctor.
- Benefits while traveling – Our plans include in-network coverage for up to nine months of the year when you travel inside the U.S. but outside your network area. You’ll also have access to pre-travel consultations and worldwide emergency and urgent care coverage, with additional assistance available through Assist America®.*
- Hearing, vision and fitness – Select plans include coverage for:
- Routine hearing exams and hearing aids through TruHearing®
- Routine vision exams and annual benefit allowances for non-Medicare-covered prescription eyewear
- A gym membership and home fitness kits through SilverSneakers®
- 24/7 online care – All Freedom plans include unlimited, no-cost visits to our online clinic Virtuwell. At Virtuwell, you can get a diagnosis, treatment plan and prescription for more than 60 common conditions – all online with no appointments, waiting rooms or video calls.
Based in Minnesota, we know the coverage and care Minnesotans need. With more than 60 years of health care expertise, outstanding customer service and plans full of benefits that matter, HealthPartners is by your side.
Freedom Basic, Freedom Balance, Freedom Vital, Freedom Ultimate
- Mille Lacs
- St. Louis
With our Freedom plans, you’ll have access to care systems across Minnesota and beyond, including:
- Essentia Health
- St. Luke’s
- Park Nicollet
- M Health Fairview
- Allina Health
- North Memorial Health
- And more
We’re pleased to offer other Medicare plans in Minnesota to help meet your needs:
Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system.
*Assist America services are only available during the first 90 consecutive days that you're away from your home and all arrangements must be made through Assist America.
The Medicare Cost Plan is underwritten by Group Health Plan, Inc.
Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat HealthPartners members, except in emergency situations. Please call our customer service number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services.
All content ©2021 TruHearing, Inc. All Rights Reserved. TruHearing® is a registered trademark of TruHearing, Inc. All other trademarks, product names, and company names are the property of their respective owners.
SilverSneakers is a registered trademark of Tivity Health, Inc. © 2021 Tivity Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Last updated October 2021
H2462 H4882_001601 Accepted