These services may or may not be covered by your HealthPartners plan. Please see your plan documents for your specific coverage information. If there is a difference between this general information and your plan documents, your plan documents will be used to determine your coverage.
Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Testing is generally not covered per your plan documents since it is an over the counter service.
The following are examples non-covered home test kits that are mailed to a laboratory for evaluation. This is not an all-inclusive list.
- Allergy testing for common home allergens
- Antioxidant levels (urine lipid peroxide)
- Male and female hormone testing
- High sensitivity CRP, to screen for heart disease
- Hepatitis C, to determine hepatitis infection
- HIV-1 antibody, for determining HIV infection
- Microalbumin, to screen for kidney disease
- Hair, urine, and salivary testing for any reason
- Performance and stress hormone levels of testosterone, DHEA and cortisol
- Melatonin levels to assess sleep
- TSH for thyroid function
- Antibodies involved in Celiac disease
- Paternity testing, sperm counts
- hCG, to screen for pregnancy
- Blood typing
- Genetic testing
- Cholesterol, Hemoglobin
- Alcohol , nicotine, or drug screening tests
Direct to Consumer (DTC) testing is defined as laboratory testing that is received with results given and reported without provider input.
This information is for most, but not all, HealthPartners plans. Please read your plan documents to see if your plan has limits or will not cover some items. If there is a difference between this general information and your plan documents, your plan documents will be used to determine your coverage. These coverage criteria may not apply to Medicare Products if Medicare requires different coverage. For more information regarding Medicare coverage criteria or for a copy of a Medicare coverage policy, contact Member Services at 952-883-7979 or 1-800-233-9645.