These services may or may not be covered by all HealthPartners plans. Please see your plan documents for your own coverage information. If there is a difference between this general information and your plan documents, your plan documents will be used to determine your coverage.
Covered subject to the indications listed below.
Education for either preventive services or the management of chronic health problems which are provided during a physician/nurse visit and are not part of a formal health education class. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Diabetic education
- Early pregnancy education which occurs as a part of your routine prenatal visits with your OB provider.
- Nutrition education (Also see related policies-Dietician Consultation & Diabetic Education.)
- Breast self examination
- Cholesterol education
- Instruction regarding medications
Health education services that are not covered under your benefit (but are offered by HealthPartners either without charge or for a discounted fee):
- The Health Promotion Department section of the HealthPartners.com website has health information available for members Please check the web site for the unique educational offerings.
- HealthPartners also offers health education classes that are designed to promote health maintenance and general wellness. Classes may also specifically address health issues and concerns of the community. The educational programs which are available to members at a discount, though not covered in your benefit, include, but are not limited to the following:
- Weight reduction
- Stress management
- Smoking cessation
- Back care
- Seminars for working parents
- Prenatal classes, including breast feeding, etc.
This information is for most, but not all, HealthPartners plans. Please read your plan documents to see if your plan has limits or will not cover some items. If there is a difference between this general information and your plan documents, your plan documents will be used to determine your coverage. These coverage criteria may not apply to Medicare Products if Medicare requires different coverage. For more information regarding Medicare coverage criteria or for a copy of a Medicare coverage policy, contact Member Services at 952-883-7979 or 1-800-233-9645.