Vision care services
These services may or may not be covered by your HealthPartners plan. Please see your plan documents for your specific coverage information. If there is a difference between this general information and your plan documents, your plan documents will be used to determine your coverage.
Prior authorization is not required for vision care services
Vision care services are generally covered subject to the indications listed below and per your plan documents
Indications that are covered
- Routine eye screening and exam. Please see your plan documents as age limits may apply.
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness or injury to the eyes.
- The initial evaluation, lenses and fitting where contacts or eyeglass lenses are prescribed for post-operative treatment of cataracts or for the treatment of aphakia or keratoconus.
Indications that are not covered
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses and their fitting when not related to treatment of cataracts, aphakia or keratoconus.
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses beyond the initial pair for the treatment of cataracts, aphakia or keratoconus.
This information is for most, but not all, HealthPartners plans. Please read your plan documents to see if your plan has limits or will not cover some items. If there is a difference between this general information and your plan documents, your plan documents will be used to determine your coverage. These coverage criteria may not apply to Medicare Products if Medicare requires different coverage. For more information regarding Medicare coverage criteria or for a copy of a Medicare coverage policy, contact Member Services at 952-883-7979 or 1-800-233-9645.