Burosumab (Crysvita®) – Minnesota Health Care Programs
These services may or may not be covered by your HealthPartners plan. Please see your plan documents for your specific coverage information. If there is a difference between this general information and your plan documents, your plan documents will be used to determine your coverage.
Crysvita requires prior authorization from HealthPartners Pharmacy Administration.
Crysvita is generally covered subject to the indications listed below when all of the following criteria are met, and per member plan documents.
- Prescribed by nephrologist or endocrinologist; and
- Prescribed for patients diagnosed with X-Linked Hypophosphatemia, with diagnosis support by either:
- FGF23>30 pg/mL
- PHEX-gene mutation; and
- Patient is at least 1 years old; and
- No phosphate and/or active vitamin D received within 1 week prior to start of therapy; and
- Reduced renal tubular resorption of phosphate to glomerular filtration rate (TmP/GFR), defined as a value of <4 mg/dL for patients <15 years, and a value of <3 mg/dL for all other ages. TmP/GFR is variable by patient characteristics such as age and gender; exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis with provider rationale; and
- Baseline serum phosphorous consistent with hypophosphatemia; and
- No renal impairment (GFR>30mL/min); and
- Crysvita is prescribed within the FDA approved regimen.
Initial authorization will be provided for 6 months.
- Patient must continue to meet criteria 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 above; and
- Patient has been seen by provider within the past 12 months; and
- Patient is benefiting from use of the medication, as defined by one of the following:
- Improved serum phosphorous; or
- Decreased Rickets severity score; or
- Decrease in frequency of fractures or pseudo-fractures.
Reauthorizations will be provided for 12 months.
Crysvita is a fibroblast growth factor 23 (FGF23) blocking antibody indicated for the treatment of X-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH) in adult and pediatric patients 1 year of age and older.
If available, codes are listed below for informational purposes only, and do not guarantee member coverage or provider reimbursement. The list may not be all-inclusive.
The services associated with these codes require prior authorization:
Unclassified drugs or biologicals (Hospital Outpatient Use ONLY)
Unclassified biologics (use before 1/1/2019)
Injection, burosumab-twza 1 mg (effective 1/1/2019)
Crysvita 10 MG/ML SOLN
Crysvita 20 MG/ML SOLN
Crysvita 30 MG/ML SOLN
CPT Copyright American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
This information is for most, but not all, HealthPartners plans. Please read your plan documents to see if your plan has limits or will not cover some items. If there is a difference between this general information and your plan documents, your plan documents will be used to determine your coverage. These coverage criteria may not apply to Medicare Products if Medicare requires different coverage. For more information regarding Medicare coverage criteria or for a copy of a Medicare coverage policy, contact Member Services at 952-883-7979 or 1-800-233-9645.
- Crysvita package insert, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. Novato, CA, 94949, 4/2018.