Sick of the endless envelope overflow?
Switch to secure online delivery of your HealthPartners plan documents. You'll cut clutter and save trees. It's fast and easy - just log on to your HealthPartners account and stop the paper pile up today!
Go Paperless with HealthPartners!
By signing up to get your HealthPartners plan documents online, you'll get an email when the following documents are available in your healthpartners.com inbox:
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB) - After you visit the doctor's office, you'll get an EOB that shows the service you received, how much you owe and how much your insurance covered. If you owe something for the visit, you will get a bill separately from your doctor's office.
- Contract - Each year when your plan renews, you get a contract that explains your coverage.
- Other Information - From time to time, you'll also receive additional information about your plan and other services available to you as a HealthPartners member.
Thank you for helping us go green!
What is an Explanation of Benefits?
HealthPartners typically provides you with an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for health care services so that you can understand how we plan to process your claims.
To help you better understand your Explanation of Benefits, match the number in the the list with the numbers in the text fields. Each number is associated with the field description.
*EOBs may print in different format based on the original EOB print date.
- Date EOB was generated
- Patient's name
- Patient's member number
- Subscriber/owner of policy (not necessarily patient)
- Employer's group number and policy name
- Claim reference number
- Provider of care
- Patient control number
- Date claim was received
- Check number
- Date of check
- Check issued to
- Dates of patient care
- Description of care
- Total charges
- Provider's responsibility
- Amount member owes + amount paid by HealthPartners
- Member's cost based on co-pay
- Member's cost based on deductible
- Member's cost based on co-insurance
- Amount of services not covered by insurance
- Reference to notes (#33) on non-covered amounts
- Amount paid by HealthPartners
- Amount member owes
- *Individual out-of-network out-of-pocket balance
- Individual in-network out-of-pocket balance
- *Individual out-of-network deductible
- Amount paid by patient's other benefit plan
- Tax paid by provider
- Total plan covered amount payable to policyholder
- Total plan covered amount payable to provider
- Total member liability – what you owe
- Explanation of any non-covered amounts
*If plan allows member to combine in and out-of-network charges together the out-of-network amount will be reduced by any in-network charges.