Life is busy. And it seems busiest when you need to fit in an appointment with your primary care doctor or clinician. But that’s where our telemedicine options like video visits and other virtual care offerings come in.
Get a quick overview of what telemedicine is, then learn what can be treated virtually through primary care (and how our virtual care tools help save you time during in-person visits). Start scrolling or use one of the links below to jump to the section you may be most interested in.
- In-person vs. virtual primary care for adults
- In-person vs. virtual primary care for kids
- In-person vs. virtual women’s health care
- In-person vs. virtual urgent care for all
- When it makes sense to use Virtuwell
First, what is telemedicine?
When we say telemedicine, we mean using technology to provide health care remotely rather than in person. Virtual appointments like video visits and online visits are examples of telemedicine.
What are the benefits of telemedicine?
Telemedicine gives you more ways to get the health care you need. It can also make that health care easier to access and fit into your busy schedule. That’s because you can use a phone, computer or mobile device to get care at home, work or wherever is most convenient for you. Plus, you save travel time to and from an appointment.
Is telemedicine different from virtual care?
Telemedicine is a central part of virtual care at HealthPartners. But virtual care also includes tools and technologies that help us enhance your health care experience such as:
- Mobile check-in allows you to confirm your appointment, pay your copay, update your medication list and more. This cuts down on the time you need to spend standing in line or filling out paperwork at the clinic, so you can get in and get on with your day. This also helps clinicians get through routine questions more quickly, which means you can get to the main purpose of your visit as soon as possible.
- Quick schedule makes it easy for you to schedule follow-up appointments with a click of a button from your mobile smart phone.
- myHP mobile app helps you schedule new and track upcoming appointments, view test results, manage your health plan and more.
Using telemedicine: When it makes sense to schedule a video visit
Easy to access. Safe to use. Convenient for your schedule. Learn when video visits can help you skip a trip to the clinic or when an in-person appointment may make the most sense.
Using telemedicine: When it makes sense to use Virtuwell
Fast, affordable online visits 24/7. That’s Virtuwell.
Maybe it’s the middle of the night and you think your child has the flu. Or perhaps you’re traveling and notice a new skin rash. You can get a diagnosis and treatment plan from a certified nurse practitioner in as little as an hour.
Virtuwell is also a great option for UTIs, common STIs and more.
What would you do with more time?
Simple, safe and convenient access to quality primary care is important for staying healthy and happy. That’s why we’ve invested in telemedicine options like video visits and online visits through Virtuwell. And it’s also why we continue to expand virtual care offerings like mobile check-in and quick schedule.