Job fairs provide a great opportunity to make face-to-face connections with recruiters.
No events currently scheduled
Events for physicians
American College of Physicians (ACP), Internal Medicine
- When: March 30 to April 1
- Where: San Diego, CA
American Academy of Family Physicians National Conference (AAFP)
- When: July 27 to 29
- Where: Kansas City, MO
Job fair tips
Make an opportunity count with a bit of preparation:
- Prepare a 30 second introduction of yourself that includes a brief summary of your background and skills as well as what types of opportunities you are seeking. Your introduction should be clear and concise. Avoid acronyms or industry jargon that isn’t common knowledge. An example:
"Hi, my name is Laura. I am currently a Product Marketing Manager for a health care software solution company. I saw that you have an Interactive Marketing Consultant position open and I have applied online. I believe my design, project management and communication abilities make me an ideal candidate for the position. Can you tell me what the next steps are in your hiring process?
- Look professional and polished to make a good first impression.
- Research the companies at the job fair in advance. This preparation will help you know who you want to target and better communicate how your background and skills may be a match for the organization.
- Ask for information on how to apply; many companies have online applications. Ask for the best way to follow up; you may receive an email address to contact.
- Be sensitive to the time spent with each recruiter and respectful of other job seeker’s time.