- Specialty Referral
- COE Provider
- Patient Support
- COE Network
We support our Transplant Center of Excellence (COE) program partners and their patients, our members by providing resources and patient decision support information in several ways:
- COE Provider Resources:This page provides important notices for transplant programs as well as provider administrative and medical policy.
- Patient Support Resources:This page provides links to our Health Information Library, national support resource links and outcome data that is available nationally for both solid organ and blood and marrow transplant programs in the US.
- Center of Excellence Network Lists: This page provides links to both Regional and National transplant programs that are participating in our Center of Excellence program.
Specialty Referral Provider
NEW Specialty Provider Referral Request Form for Transplant Program Pre-consultation visit
Effective January 1, 2019
Effective January 1, 2019, associated specialty providers will be required to submit a completed Specialty Physician referral request form prior to referring their patients to a transplant program for consultation.
The goal for transplant referral prior authorization is to provide comprehensive Transplant Case Management care and benefit coordination throughout your patient’s/our member’s transplant journey.
Communication & Resources
You will find information and resources below that will help support you and your practice as these changes go into effect
- Call 952-883-5724 for questions regarding the Medical policy and Referral form process.
- Please contact your contract manager for contracting questions.
Transplant Care Management
HealthPartners health plan case and disease management has a dedicated transplant coordination team that offers personalized support for members that are potential or deemed transplant candidates.
- Call 952-883-5469 or 800-871-9243 and ask to speak to the health plan dedicated transplant coordinator assigned to your potential transplant candidate
Transplant COE Program Resources
Medicare Cost Transition Resources
Transplant Medical Policy Resources
SupportHealth Information Library:
Decision point tools and information may be found at Decision Support to make a confident, comfortable choice that is based on their personal values and preferences.
Transplant Program Specific ReportingSolid Organ Transplants:
The Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR website provides many metrics describing transplant programs which are helpful in making decisions about which program to choose.Blood and Marrow Transplants:
The National Marrow Donor program provides information on choosing a transplant program along with specific transplant program information.
Other Patient ResourcesSolid Organ
- What Every Patient Needs to Know (United Network of Organ Sharing - UNOS)
- Financing a transplant (UNOS Transplant Living)